The Farmer and the inflammatory product search
German Shepherds and Labradors are the two favorite races in these areas of activity initiated in 1980 by the authorities of the central state of Connecticut (USA).
These dogs are trained to detect the following substances: gasoline, gas, diesel, kerosene, acetone, alcohol, brake fluid, paint thinners, turpentine, and naphthalene.
Diversity of olfactory Search
Each year, there is a growing number of research fields in which the man trusts the dog:
- Search for minerals.
- Detection of food products
- Detection of cancer (prostate cancer in men)
- For diabetics ( they detect early signs of a crisis of hypoglycemia in the diabetic master and warn him immediately through barking and biting, the changes in skin smell, the food of diabetic, anticipate such a crisis which explains the reaction of the animal.)
- Search of allergies or mycotoxins.
- Search of termites.
- Search of contaminants.
- Search of banknotes.
- Trafficking of wild animals.
- Protection against poisonous snakes.